The most important natural resource of Boljevac municipality is its healthy environment, favourable climate, relief streaked with gorges, canyons, caves, clear rivers and numerous springs.
Bogovinska Cave, is an active cave, located on the southeast edges of Južni Kučaj massif. It lies in the administrative area of Bogovina village, 12 km from Boljevac. It is one of the longest caves in Serbia, with an explored cave system being approximately 6 km long. By its morphology, Bogovinska cave is a horizontal, underground form of karst relief with channels in three planes. The cave also a home to a very interesting fauna, including cave arthropods. Some of the most important species found in the cave include pseudoscorpio, terrestrial endemic shrimp and subtroglophilic insect.
The accessible parts of the cave consist of: Concert hall, which north wall is covered by monumental formations, has a dome and iridescent colours. It looks festive and imposing. It is very acoustic, so it is suitable for organizing musical and literal events. Mining Hall is located at the terrace on the right side of the river channel. It is dedicated to miners of Bogovina. Cyclopes’ Hall has many cave formations, mostly stalagmites. The central part is reserved for Cyclopes, after which the hall got its name. Hajduk Hall got its name after rosy-coloured, 10 meters-hight stalagmite that represents Hajduk Veljko, while his loyal and courageous companion Čučuk Stana, stands right beside him.
Pećura is a spring in Krivi Vir village that is a part of the river source of Crni Timok. This spring is actually the source of Crni Timok river, which consists of two springs that aren’t connected with each other. The main source of the reiver is located at the beginning of Pećurska gorge, where water partially springs beneath the rocks and partially from the cave in slightly varying, but constant flow that never runs dry. The second source is weaker and is found in a small cave, near the remains of an old mill and it often dries out during the summer. Before the Second World War, there was a functioning small hydropower plant at the very source of Crni Timok river. It supplied the village with electricity. Pećura cave complex consists of 3 caves and one thermal spring, which temperature reaches 21-22 degrees Celsius. Krivi Vir is considered the epicentre of Timok Uprising and it is where the career of the famous Serbian writer Mir-Jam strated.
Velika Brezovica spreads on wooded slopes of Јužni Kučaj, at an altitude of 900 m. In this magnificent scenery lies Hunting Lodge with 15 beds of exceptional comfort. The lodge is managed by “Srbijašume”. There are 3 hunting grounds in the territory of Boljevac municipality managed by “Timočke Šume”. Total hunting area is 85000 hectares. The main game includes roe deer, European deer, wild boars. There are many hunting buildings in the hunting grounds (hunting towers, feeding and drinking grounds).
Krepičevac Monastery is located approximately 6 km north of Jablanica village, in picturesque landscape of Radovanska river (43°51'12.79" N21°51'1.33"E). This holy place can be reached by dirt road. The church has rectangular triconch with narthex on the west side, no dome and a gable roof, while the iconostasis found inside is painted. The church was built in the late 15th or early 16th century. The portraits preserved on the north wall of narthex tell the story about the founders. There are pictures of the founder - Georgije, his wife Zora and his son Manojlo, while founder’s inscription is damaged. The church is dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and is the home to one of the most beautiful and well-selected galleries of frescos from its time. In the bottom part of the south wall, in front of the iconostasis, there is a niche with a fresco of a sleeping old man Joseph the Hesychast, who was probably the first abbot of Krepičevac Monetary. The wall above the church entrance contains a painting of Mary, mother of God with Christ, while a bell tower was recently built southwest from the church. Krepičevac has been used until 1980s as a women monastery, while it is now served by priests from Boljevac. Close to the monastery there is a fountain, that abounds with water during the entire year. On the hill, south of the church lies the monastery graveyard and further east are the remains of monastery lodgings.
Lapušnja Monastery is located two kilometres off the main road Paraćin – Zaječar, opposite to the turn for Krivi Vir. This holy place can be reached by dirt road leading in direction of Rtanj. It is built in a ravine next to Lopušanski Creek at the bottom of Vučja Glava hill (43° 47'18.8"N21°47'13.6"E). The existing temple is dedicated to the Saint Nicholas the Wondermaker. Its style, monumental architecture of the church and the entire complex containing remains of auxiliary buildings’ foundations, are an evidence that the monastery was founded and built before Ottoman conquests, at the time of Serbian Despotate. This is also proven by the fact that the oldest written information about Lapušnja monastery dates from 1455. The church that has triconch basis with octagonal dome, three-fold altar and narthex was reconstructed in 1501 by Duke Jovan Radul and the interior was painted in 1510 during the time of abbot hieromonk Theodor at cost of Prince Bogoje and Lady Mara. A partially preserved attached chapel is attached to the south wall. In 1971 walls and ceiling of the south conch have been rebuilt, narthex and apse were partially restored, while paintings were conserved by experts. Today, Lapušnja has no roof and ceilings, but the southwestern quarter of the dome has preserved, as well as the pale remains of frescoes, making it still a cultural monument of great importance for Serbia.
Lozica Monastery is located to the west, in wider Rtanj area, approximately five kilometres opposite to Krivi Vir and south from the main road Paraćin – Zaječar (43°47'43.08"N21° 45'36.97"E). The earliest information on monastery dates from 1455, when it was registered as a tax payer by Ottomans. Therefore, it seems that the monastery and the church were built at the time of Serbian Despotate at the latest. The church has triconch basis with dome, measuring 14x5 meter, it is built from stone and holds a special place for altar of prothesis and diaconicon. The studies show that it used to have a chapel on the south side. It is dedicated to the St. Archangel Gabriel, so every year on 26th of July people assemble to celebrate the church’s patron. Monastery church was rebuilt in 1680 and once again in 1850. From 1854, when no more monks remained in the monastery, Lozica became a parish church that is currently served by Boljevac priests. The interior was also subject to minor renovations and reconstructions. The bell tower, which has been renovated in 2010, is located south of the church. A very strong spring of drinkable, cold water, as well as a water factory is found near the church.
Lešje Monastery (monastery of the Intercession of the Theotokos), located 10 km from Paraćin. Lešje is a foundation of Župan Vukoslav, who built the Church of Our Lady on his estate in mid-14th century. During 16th century, the monastery was destroyed and abandoned. Its foundations were found after the First World War, when a new church and monetary complex were built on the medieval foundations. The monastery resembles Russian temples, but the architectural style is similar to the style of all Orthodox shrines. One of the relics kept in the monastery’s treasury is a particle of the True Cross, part of the relics of one of the 40 martyrs of Sebaste and epitrachelion of the St. John of Shanghai. Also, during consecration of the church part of the relics of great martyr Holy Prince Lazar was built in the communion table. In front of the monastery there is a beautifully designed park with several water springs, while stunning view of the village of the same name and its surroundings can be seen from the yard.
Ilino is a village located in the immediate vicinity of Rtanj town. Due to vicinity of the well-known mountain and thunderous weather, the village was dedicated to Slavic god Perun and in the time of Christianity it was renamed to honour the St. Elijah the Thunderer. In the Ilino village, in the base of Rtanj mountain, there is a newly built Ethno village - Rtanjski dvori. The complex consists of 6 tourist buildings, but contains cultural and artistic amenities, as well. It has a traditional design, consisting of combined Serbian architectural styles. All buildings are built from stone and wood, but modernly furnished. The village is also known for the Memorial House of renowned Serbian sculpturer Ljubinka Savić Grasi (1922-1999), which is opened for visitors, and by International School of Old Crafts.
Memorial House of Sculpturer Ljubinka Savić-Grasi was built in late 19th century and belonged to Savić family until 1926, when it was sold to Ilin municipality. It was fully reconstructed and transformed into Memorial House of Sculpturer Ljubinka Savić Grasi and furnished traditionally with pieces made by residents of Ilina. The room of Ljubinka Savić-Grasi contains an exhibition about life and work of the artist, who lived and worked in Belgrade, but remained very closely-bonded to her home.
Grza is a 23km long river in eastern Serbia. It originates from the Rivers Ivanštica (Gornja Grze) and Velika Čestobrodica, between the tourist settlement Grza and the village Izvor. The Grza River is a left tributary of the River Crnica, which flows through Paraćin and west of the city flows into the Great Morava. Upper Grza and its tributaries cut through shorter gorges where relic vegetation is present. The length of the Ivanstica Valley is 11 km and the depth of the gorge is over 300 m, while the length of the meandering gorge is about 2km and the depth is over 250m.
Along Grza and Čestobrodica leads the main road Paraćin - Zaječar, which connects the valleys of Velika Morava and Timok. Along the river and near the spring there are a number of road signs, canopies and benches for tourists and hikers. At the end of the road are several hot springs that form the source of the Grze River. Hot spring of Grza is an exceptional beauty, and the river creates two blue-green ponds and crystal clear water, Lower and Upper Lake. Near the source is the so-called "Tourist Settlement Grza" where there is a hotel, restaurant, hiking home and a large number of holiday homes. Grza is also known as a fishing paradise because it is extremely rich in brook trout and California trout. There are also two footpaths to two sightseeings of Grza.